Dear Morningside Dental Care Family,
We ARE a global community. Unfortunately, it took a pandemic to really see just how connected we are to people on the other side of the world. Our team at Morningside Dental Care are here to care for you, our patients, and we are taking extra precautions to ensure the safety of everyone that enters our doors. Recently, you may have seen people walking through the city, in the subway, on the MTA, wearing masks. Those people are aware that the mouth has the upwards of 500 to 1000 different types of bacteria, and that the mouth is the gateway to the rest of the body. In order to have a healthy body, you have to have a healthy mouth. An unhealthy mouth lowers your resistance to other illnesses, such as COVID 19, the Corona Virus. Though it is an uncertain time, we have to be vigilant, and take control of what we are able to control, and taking care of your oral health is one of the most responsible things you can do, and Morningside Dental Care is here to help you with that.
Our office is taking additional protocols to keep you secure and safe in the following ways:
- We follow universal precautions which are strict infection control standards which has been established by the dental community.
- Our common areas have been additionally cleaned and disinfected, and, we are monitoring them more than ever before.
- We will call you the night prior to your appointment to see how you are doing and to ensure you are good to go for the next day.
- We will ensure that individuals are not kept waiting in our reception area. Feel free to call us prior to your appointment, and you will be escorted directly to you chair.
- We are taking temperatures of our patients who come into our office prior to being seen.
If you have a fever, or if you have travelled internationally, or been around someone who has been exposed to or displayed symptoms of the virus. Please let us know, so we can reschedule your appointment for about 14 days is now what is recommended.
We are closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organizations (WHO), and, the American Dental Association (ADA) recommendations and regulations. We are confident about our protocols at Morningside Dental Care, and we want to make sure you are comfortable during your visit, and that we get your mouth healthy. The health and safety of our global community is our priority. We are all in this together!
We are looking forward to seeing you soon,
Donna R. Williams, DDS
Are you having a dental emergency during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic? Morningside Dental Care is here to help. We are offering teledentistry, a remote dental care option that provides advice and treatment through technology. You can can send photos, request prescriptions, and be supervised and assessed by the doctor without having to come to the office.